Bachelor pads are no longer the stereotypical messy living spaces where single men spend the whole day playing video games when they’re not going out. A modern bachelor pad is a status symbol that features masculine interior décor, swanky leather furniture, an entertainment system, and a simple, rugged layout with a stylish look.
There are so many single-man home decorating ideas. While many men still prefer a rugged charming finish, you can never go wrong with a classy layout of beautiful furniture with a traditional interior touch. Others still prefer a modern and trendy living space with contemporary designs and refreshing décor. The ideal choice boils down to your sense of style. The post will explore everything you need to know about decorating a single-man home.
Apartment Decorating Ideas for Guys
Turning your bachelor pad into a home is not a one-day event. You should look at it as a marathon rather than a sprint. Laying a good foundation for an ultimate marvelous finish requires a minimalist mindset. Start with a few basic high-quality items. Sit back, figure out what’s next, and budget for it. Here are a few tricks on how to do it.
- Get a sleek couch: A comfy leather seat looks sophisticated and manly in a bachelors’ pad. Just make sure it’s the right size—usually no more than a third of the space. You can then plan to add other complementing designs around the couch.
- Area rugs: The right area rug makes the room feel complete. It separates one area from the rest and adds coziness to the bare floor. Throw one under the coffee table and sofas, near the bed edges, and on your doorways. Pick a color that compliments the furniture around.
- Wall painting: A quick Google search will yield tons of great images and paintings designs you can use on your wall. Take note of the colors and different designs used in the living room and bedroom. But first, inquire if wall painting is permitted where you live.
- Art: Pick artwork that communicates your personality and sense of style. Pay attention to the size. Don’t make them too tiny or too large. A good scale should be about three-quarters of the furniture below it (console, sofa, headboard:
- LED lights: Strategically placed lights give your room a perfect mood and a calming atmosphere. Consider placing one above your arts, under the cabinets, behind the headboard, and one under the bed frame.
Small Apartment Ideas for Guys
Decorating a small apartment can be tricky. But with the right ideas, you can maximize the available space that leaves you with enough walkways without feeling compressed. Think multifunctional furniture when decorating a small room. Here are more ideas for inspiration.
- Get a leaning ladder shelf for additional yet very affordable and stylish storage space
- Get a multipurpose couch that can serve as a bed during the night
- Use a raised cube storage TV unit for more space for your books and other small stuff like remote
- A big mirror automatically makes the room appear large. Round ones look more stylish when positioned strategically
- Reduce the clutter in your washroom with under-sink storage
- Get a bed with underneath storage
Studio Apartment Ideas for Guys
Most studio apartments are small open spaces of about 600 square feet or less. Decorating it to make it feel ample and comfortable requires extra creativity. Here are practical hacks guys can use to decorate a studio apartment.
- Hang your bike strategically on the wall so that it also feels like a piece of art.
- Use curtains to define your spaces, such as private sleeping areas.
- Use wall shelves to partition your spaces
- Consider as many multipurpose furniture as possible (coffee table, couch, bed)
- Use your bed as a sitting area during the day
- Divide your room with a tall bookshelf
- Use low furniture
- Hang many mirrors on the wall to create the illusion of a more expansive space
Masculine Living Room Ideas
Many people envision dark walls and leather furniture when they think of a masculine room. A modern single-man room goes beyond that. Here are ideas to help you achieve that masculine vibe in a modern man cave.
- Use leather: Incorporate at least one piece of leather to create a rustic, manly vibe. This can be your sofa or side chairs.
- Embrace minimalism: Guys are simple. Declutter your room and only include the necessities while ensuring each item serves a purpose.
- Display your liquor: Create a liquor shelf and display your favorite brands with clear visibility of the labels.
- Choose interior material and color wisely: Neutral colors such as gray, black, and never blue create a perfect masculine interior design. Add some metal, wood, leather, or stone items that match your style.
- Find your center of attraction: Capitalize on one or two items that grab attention when one enters the room. It can be a wall-mounted TV, a classic coffee table, or even a fireplace.
How to Find Cool Apartment Stuff for Guys
Men are simple by nature. Decorating a single-man home should not be a headache once you understand your style and what makes you look masculine. And the best part, finding cool apartment stuff for guys is not difficult either.
A simple online search or a visit to the nearby men’s home decor store will give you enough ideas for decorating your apartment. Just make sure that the scale and proportion of your interior design items match.
Bachelor Pad Ideas for Small Spaces
You’ll not lead a bachelor’s lifestyle forever. Therefore, pay attention to your choice of items, especially the most expensive ones. This will help you transition with ease into family life without the urge of an entire overhaul of your home items. Here are more bachelor pad ideas for 2022.
- Experiment with new colors
- Bring in some artificial plants for a green and fresh scenery
- Try maximalism if you were previously a minimalist
- Change your lightings for a feel of a new home
- Change your window treatments
- Showcase your hobbies—throw a nice display of your guitar if you love music or change your wall to communicate your newly found hobbies.