Last updated on June 30th, 2023 at 08:08 pm
Your furry friends are part of your family, but they are not very clean. They can quickly create a mess on your beloved carpet and ruin it. Even if you own a pet-proof carpet, it’s important to clean it the right way to avoid ruining it.
Follow our step-by-step instructions to clean those unsightly spots and pesky smells. Restore your carpet to its former glory and make it look brand new. Whether you want to get rid of hairballs or muddy paw prints, or those dreaded “oops” moments, you’re in the right place.
You no longer have to choose between a spotless carpet and your furry friends. With our tips, you’ll make your home livable for both you and your pets. Use our tricks and transform your carpet. Your pets will enjoy roaming freely without leaving a trace. So, grab your cleaning supplies, and follow these step-by-step instructions to make your carpet spick and span.
Carpet-Cleaning Supplies You’ll Need
- Baking soda
- Carpet shampoo
- Warm water
- Rug brush
- Spray bottle
- Carpet cleaning machine
- Microfiber cloths
How to Clean Pet-Proof Carpet
- Vacuum the carpet to remove dust and dander.
- Sprinkle baking soda on the surface of the carpet.
- Mix warm water with carpet shampoo, then put the mixture in a spray bottle.
- Spray your cleaning liquid over the carpet
- Brush the liquid into the carpet with a carpet brush.
- Blot the carpet with microfiber cloths
- Use a carpet cleaning machine to dry the carpet.
- Spray warm water on the carpet, and then blot it again.
- Leave the carpet to dry. Wait for six hours before walking on the carpet or putting the furniture back.
How to Pet-Clean a Carpet Using a Carpet-Cleaning Machine
- Remove everything on the carpet—furniture and everything else.
- Vacuum the carpet to pick up loose dirt.
- Pretreat the stains that will need more attention, like pet stains and blood stains.
- Add the cleaning formula to your cleaning machine (Resolve Carpet Cleaner Shampoo works great).
- Turn on the machine and start cleaning from the farthest corner. This will ensure you don’t get trapped midway by a wet carpet. Press the spray button and then push the cleaning attachment forward and backward.
- Next, turn off the spray button and repeat the same movements. Do this until you’ve cleaned the entire carpet.
- Refill your machine with warm water and rinse the carpet. Repeat the forward and backward movements.
- Leave the carpet for four to six hours to dry. Don’t rush to put furniture back or walk on the carpet as you may make it dirty.
How to Clean LifeProof Pet-Proof Carpet
The LifeProof pet-proof carpet isn’t difficult to clean or maintain. Clean it as you would other carpet brands. Vacuum the carpet at least twice a week and clean spills quickly using warm water to prevent them from setting. When cleaning spills, use a blotting motion rather than a rubbing motion. And every 12-18 months, get a professional carpet cleaning service. But ensure they comply with warranty requirements.
To clean the LifeProof Pet-Proof carpet, you can follow the steps we’ve outlined above. You can also use a solution with white vinegar.
Cleaning the LifeProof Pet-Proof Carpet with Distilled White Vinegar
- Spot-clean stains and then vacuum the carpet to remove loose dirt and debris.
- Mix a water and vinegar solution, one part distilled white vinegar, and three parts cold water. First, apply the solution on a tiny corner of the carpet to check for bleeding or a change of color.
- If there’s no change, apply the solution on the carpet. Refill the bottle and cover the entire carpet.
- Apply the solution, wait for five minutes, and then brush it into the carpet.
- Blot using microfiber cloths.
- Use a carpet cleaning machine to dry the carpet.
- Open doors and windows to air-dry the carpet. You can also turn on oscillating fans to speed drying. Do not use the carpet until it is fully dry.
Is Bissell Carpet Cleaner Safe for Pets?
According to BISSELL, the carpet cleaner is safe and can be used on carpets, area rugs, upholstery, and other soft surfaces. The cleaner can be used around kids and pets, just be sure to follow the instructions.
BISSELL supports the BISSELL Pet Foundation, an organization that helps save homeless pets. So, you can be sure its cleaners are pet-friendly. And when you buy a BISSELL product, you help save pets.
Is Resolve Carpet Cleaner Safe for Pets?
Yes, the Resolve carpet cleaner is safe for pets. It’s made using the company’s Odor Stop Technology and quickly eliminates pet odors. The carpet cleaner is safe to use around pets and kids.
Resolve says all of its carpet cleaning products are safe for kids and pets. This is good news as kids and pets are messy and closer to the ground.
Pet Safe Carpet Cleaner Homemade Solution
You can make a pet-safe homemade carpet cleaner using distilled white vinegar and water, baking soda and water, or baking soda and salt. These components are safe for both pets and humans.
The Best Pet-Friendly Carpet Cleaner Powder
The Best Pet Safe Carpet Cleaner Solution
Household Cleaning Ingredients That Are Dangerous for Pets
- Chemicals that contain “phenol” in the name
- Phthalates (can also be listed simply as “fragrance”)
- Ammonia (or ammonium hydroxide)
- Benzalkonium chloride (typically found in disinfectants)
- Bleach (or chlorine)
- Hydrogen peroxide
- Glycol ethers
Before buying a cleaner for your pet-proof carpet, check the ingredients on the bottle and steer clear of cleaners that include these dangerous and toxic ingredients.
Cats and dogs don’t process toxins as easily as humans do, so it’s important to keep them safe. While some items on our list, like hydrogen peroxide, are safe in small doses, accidental poisoning may occur due to prolonged exposure. So, it’s best to avoid it.