Are you tired of feeling like you’re drowning in a sea of clothing every time you step into your small bedroom? Do you find yourself constantly tripping over piles of clothes because you just don’t have enough storage space? Fear not, there are plenty of creative and practical clothing storage ideas that are perfect for your small bedroom. With apartments now much smaller than they used to be, it’s no wonder closet space is such a problem.
Before you start thinking about storage solutions, it’s a good idea to take a long hard look at your wardrobe and get rid of anything you haven’t worn in a while, or anything that just doesn’t fit or make you feel good. Not only will this free up space, but it’ll also make it easier for you to see what you have and make more informed decisions about what to wear each day.
Once you’ve decluttered and pared down your wardrobe, it’s time to start thinking about storage. Here are some clothing storage ideas for small spaces:
Invest in a clothing rack
Clothing racks are great for small bedrooms because they take up minimal floor space, but still provide plenty of hanging space for your clothes. They’re also a great way to showcase your favorite pieces and add visual interest to your room.
Use the space under your bed
If you have a bed with a high clearance, consider using that space to store off-season clothing or items you don’t wear as often. You can use under-bed storage boxes or bags to keep things organized and out of sight.
Install shelving units
Shelving units are versatile and practical storage solutions that can work in almost any room. Consider using open shelving to display your favorite shoes or accessories, or install closed shelves to keep folded clothes or boxes of items like hats, scarves, and gloves.
Get creative with hooks and hangers
Hooks and hangers are a great way to maximize wall space and keep items off the floor. Consider using a wall-mounted coat rack to hang up jackets and bags, or install hooks on the back of your closet door to hang up belts and scarves.
Use a room divider
If you have a small bedroom that doubles as a closet, consider using a room divider to separate the space and create privacy. You can use a bookshelf or a curtain to create a separate area for your clothes.
Don’t Have a Closet or Dresser? Here’s How to Store Clothes
As apartments become smaller, it’s becoming more common to get a space with no closet or dresser. Here are some tips and tricks on how to store your clothes when you don’t have a closet or dresser:
- Use a Clothing Rack: A clothing rack is a stylish and practical solution for storing clothes without a closet. You can find affordable options online or even make your own! Hang your favorite pieces on the rack and use the bottom shelf for shoes or accessories.
- Use a Side Table with Drawers: Every inch counts, and side tables with drawers are a great way to make the most of every nook and cranny. Not only do they serve as a convenient spot for your bedside lamp and your phone charger, but their drawers offer ample space to store your clothes, books, and other bedroom essentials.
- Hang Clothes on Hooks: If you have some wall space available, consider hanging hooks to store your clothes. This is especially useful for items like jackets or scarves that you wear frequently. Plus, it adds a decorative touch to your room.
- Roll Clothes for Travel-Style Storage: Rolling your clothes is a great way to save space and keep them organized. It’s also an easy way to transport your clothes if you need to move or travel. Just roll up your clothes and store them in a suitcase or storage bin.
- Use Storage Ottomans: Storage ottomans are a great multifunctional piece of furniture. You can use them as a seat, footrest, and storage unit all in one. Store your clothes inside and use the top as a surface to place items like books or even a cup of tea.
Small Bedroom Storage Ideas for a Bedroom Without a Closet
We get it, it can be tough to find space for your clothes in your small bedroom especially when you don’t have a closet. But don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. One great way to create storage is to use wall space. Install some floating shelves or a bookcase to store folded clothes, shoes, and accessories. You can also use hooks to hang things like scarves, hats, and purses. This will not only add storage space but also adds a decorative touch to your room.
You can also use a hanging organizer on the back of your bedroom door to store shoes, jewelry, and other small items. Finally, don’t forget about the power of decluttering. If you’re struggling to find space for your clothes, it may be time to go through them and get rid of anything you no longer wear or need. This will free up space in your room and make it easier to organize what you do have.
How to Organize Your Small Closet
We all know the struggle of having a small closet and not being able to fit all of our clothes and accessories. It can be frustrating and overwhelming to try and find a way to store everything in an organized and efficient manner. But fear not, because I’ve got some clothing storage ideas that are perfect for small closets!
1. Use slim hangers
2. Add shelves or boxes for storage
3. Utilize the back of the door
4. Roll, don’t fold
5. Use closet dividers
Live in a Studio Apartment? Here Are Some Clothing Storage Ideas
One area that can be particularly tricky to manage is your clothing storage in a studio apartment. If you’re lucky enough to have a closet in your studio apartment, make the most of it by maximizing the space. Install shelves or a hanging organizer to make use of vertical space, and invest in slimline hangers to maximize your hanging space. You can also use hanging organizers to store shoes, purses, and other accessories. Remember, the key is to think creatively and use every inch of your apartment to your advantage. Happy organizing!